Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Wordes Of The Year, 2017, Add to Conversations

Hello Grafted In Readers,

May I consider this a bonus visit between us?
It is January 16 in my corner of blog land. One topic today: Words of the Year.
I receive a weekly newsletter titled Grammar Girl and this issue discussed some of the top words from 2017.

Experts agree that "fake news" exceeded others and was the winner. A couple other words of interest to me were
- kwaussie which is an Australian word describing one who has dual citizenship in Australia and New Zealand.

- agathism is a word that has been around for a couple centuries. It is a belief that things will eventually get better, though the means of getting there may take time and considerable effort.

-broflake is defined as a man or boy who lacks resiliance or coping skills when setbacks occur or disagreements arise with others. I wonder if that has to be gender-specific?

Hopefully, I will find a story creation to use one or two of these fine words in. I'll let "fake news" run its course with the pop culture.

If you would like to have a word with me, please express in English. I notice someone a while back left a comment in Arabic. Sorry, I don't speak that language.

God be with us in our speaking and listening.

Mellow Rock

David Russell

No comments: