Monday, February 5, 2018

Catch The Wind (acoustic Song, Donovan Philips, English Folk Singer)

Hello Grafted In Readers,

Today is February 5, 2018 in my corner of blog land.

Tomorrow, Lord willing, my father will celebrate birthday number 93! I spoke with him over the weekend, and he plans to have a quiet time with friends at a restaurant in the town where he resides. He sounded well. Mom has been gone since 2010 and I am sure after 60 years of marriage, there are times when he is missing her and his family who live around the country.

The flu epidemic has been in the news this winter here in north America. Related is a condition known as pneumonia. A recent edition of the Mayo Clinic newsletter, Housecall, describes pneumonia as an infection that inflames the air sac in one or both lungs. The sac may fill with purulent material resulting in coughing or producing phlegm when one coughs. Also chest pain, fever, chills, feeling tired, some mental confusion in older folks, persistent cough.

The Mayo Clinic writers recommend to see a healthcare provider if chest pain and cough persist, fever of 102 degrees F or 39 C persists, or difficulty breathing persists too. The most common form of pneumonia is called community acquired pneumonia.

Reading Pleasure
This month I have begun another Chaim Potok novel. This one is titled, The Book of Lights. It's about a young man who attends a Jewish seminary, struggles to find his purpose in life but eventually does so as he serves as a Chaplain over in or near Korea in the 1950s. I recommend this one!

Writing
I will be trying my hand at fairy tale writing and will be using 19th century writer, William E Griffif as a model. One tale will be in an anthology and the other is for a contest. Details later.

Until our next visit, may the Lord bless, keep, and cause his Face to Shine on you and your life!

I would love a hello from you. Would you accommodate me? It would be a nice birthday present, as I turn another year older later this month!
All the Best,
Mellow Rock
David Russell

No comments: