Friday, January 13, 2017

Classical For Colds: Piano Quintet, E Flat Major, Robert Schumann

Hello Grafted In Readers,

Today is Friday January 13, 2017 in my corner of blog land. For the past few days I have had a "common cold" for which there is no cure. The "HouseCall Newsletter" from Mayo Clinic though suggests some remedies to possibly make one feel less agitated during these experiences. The common cold can last for up to two weeks. I did add a remedy of my own today that I used as the title of this post; yes it is a bit high-brow I know for a mellow rock listener but hey.

The folks at Mayo Clinic recommend the following remedies to not rid the cold but ease the misery of one.
- Rest and hydration with water, juice, clear broth, or warm lemon water with honey. This evidently loosens congestion. Coffee, (oops), caffeinated sodas, and alcoholic drinks can make dehydration worse.
- Add moisture to the air. Use a humidifier or a vaporizer.
- Take Over-the-counter medications or decongestants as directed! These will differ for children and adults.
- My remedy: Enjoy some classical music, in particular the Piano Quintet in E Flat major by composer Robert Schumann.

Meantime, Kevod Yeheveh and enjoy a good story.

Mellow Rock

No comments: