Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Waiting for Messiah and Spring Weather? David Russell

Hello Grafted In Readers,

Can you believe we are in the second quarter of 2018?
My calendar says today is April 10. By the end of the week, my region of blog land could experience temperatures in the mid 50s. We have had 30-40-degree temperatures much of this month and periods of light snow. Yes, it happens but we are ready for w a r m.

Words and Writing
I just finished working on a 2,000-word story that grew in length with four revisions and will now undergo a title change as recommended by my editing cohort, Rebecca. It's a remembrance of a college professor, Mr. Paul Whaley, and his impact on my young life. Now, I am considering writing a story based on two words: maladroit and dexterous, two antonyms. The maladroits want to be like the dexterous, but in the end realize they are not and come to terms with that. It's much like some of us wanting to be or do this or that. In the end (whatever time that involves) we realize we can, cannot, will or will not and thus reorder our lives to be who G-d created us to be.

As an author I have decided to write for general audiences and will endeavor to encourage and inspire. You have shown me you like it better when that is my approach. I get it after seven or eight years of doing this..

The characters in the story will be named dexterous, skillful, clumsy, lubber, inept, bumbling, klutzy, nimble, agile, etc. I may share it here.

Reading
I am about halfway through a kidnapping or adult-napping story titled, Missing in Mudbug, by Jana Deleon. Mudbug is a small southern town in Louisiana. There is even a ghost figure involved in the happenings. It's entertaining and chapters are of reasonable length.

Hoping to hear from you soon. G-d bless and keep you as you go about your journey.

Mellow Rock
David Russell

Author: Waiting For Messiah
Available on www.smashwords.com

No comments: