Monday, December 5, 2016

A Letter To The Editor (faith Perspective)

Hello Grafted In Readers,

Today is Monday, December 5, 2016, in my corner of blog land. Temperatures remain mild and somewhat wet where I live, but we could get a couple meters of snow later this week! It is nearing winter and of course, snow time here.

This morning, I composed a Letter To The Editor of one of our local newspapers that I would like to share with you. There is a considerable amount of writing that many in the western church still ignore that puts a positive light on the Jewishness of Yeshua.

My letter, less than 200 words is in question format, and challenges pastors, priests and all of us as persons of faith to consider thanking our ancestors for the heritage we have as believers and Christians.
This is my post today. If you wish to copy and share it, be my guest!
---------

Dear Editor/Reader:
Where is the little town of Bethlehem?
For religious observance of Christmas, can clergy stand in front of their congregations and publicly thank the Jewish faith for: the Tehillim, Hebrew language with emphasis on action, the Daily Amidah, encouraging obedience, justice, care of the poor?
Also admit God too is King in our seasonal hymns?
State the reason(s) for ignoring the Biblical feasts and only portraying the nice sides of church history?
Finally, are we too smug and arrogant as 21st century western Christians?
David Russell
---------

Kevod Yeheveh, His peace be among us today and tonight and tomorrow.

Mellow Rock

1 comment:

Sofiya said...



I really appreciate your post!. I like your article & Keep Sharing it.
Magma Home Pest Spray