Thursday, February 19, 2015

*** 1000 Voices Speak For Compassion

Hello Grafted In Readers!
My blog post for Friday, February 20, 2015, is somewhat monumental. I am joining about 1000 other human beings around the world who are speaking for compassion. So as to blend with the ensomble, I present a definition for compassion, and hope we can all make that a part of our personal portfolio before others.
Definition of Compassion from online dictionary:
"Sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others."
Synonyms for Compassion: empathy, fellow-feeling, care, concern, solicisutude, sensitivty and warmth.
Compassion Quote from Brainyquote.com
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion; if you want to be happy, practice compassion." Dalai Lama
"The Ruach HaKodesh (Spirit of Adonai) is upon me; because Adonai has anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted; to proclaim liberty to them who are bruised; and the opening of prison to them who are bound; to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor, and the day of vengeance of our G-d. Comfort all that mourn." Hebrew Scriptures Isaiah 61.

Mellow Roc

No comments: