Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Please Hear Me Out

Hello Grafted In Readers,

Couple things on this warm August 13, 2019 in my corner of blog land.

Are you a fan or have you ever read any of the Best American Short Stories, series? Evidently, these have been in production every year since 1915.

I am going to sample the annual one from 1984 which is in audio form for those of us with vision impairments through the Talking Book Program. I hope to read more of these on my iPad or computer. Share your opinion via a comment, okay?

While we are discussing hearing and things heard, this one is new to me that was posted in the current "Housecall" Mayo Clinic newsletter:
Proponents of ear stapling claim that the staples stimulate a pressure point that controls appetite, leading to weight loss. Small surgical staples are placed into the inner cartilage of each ear. The staples can be left in place for several weeks or even months.
Although some studies suggest that acupuncture can reduce appetite, ear stapling hasn't been proved effective for weight loss. And the largely unregulated practice of ear stapling can be dangerous if done in unsanitary conditions or by an untrained practitioner.

Personally, I would not want anything stapled on my anatomy..

It has been a while since we have talked about anything related to our faith heritage, so next post, I will bring something of interest to the figurative table.

Meantime, Kevod Yeheveh, His presence surround us.

Mellow Rock
David C. Russell, Author

No comments: