Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Hello My Friend Hello (Neil Diamond, standard)

Hello Grafted In Readers,

Today is December 3, 2019 in my corner of blog land. I thought we would just visit this post and catch you up on what's happening in and around me. Feel free to reply and do the same, okay?

Writing: I am working on a story about a young man who has a dream of becoming a professional baseball player. His girlfriend seeks his help and support when discovering her dad is involved in sinister business practices, human trafficking. I haven't finished the story yet and uncertain of its final destiny. I have a brief paragraph where players from the '60s are mentioned. Do you remember: Don Wert, Norm Cash, Bill Freehan, Willie Horton, Al Kayline and Jake Wood?
Each played for the Detroit Tigers in the mid 1960s.

Family: We had a nice US Thanksgiving weekend. I played piano for diners at a local restaurant Thanksgiving Day, and on Saturday our daughter and her two children came over for dinner. We had other guests too, but it was a nice occasion! She is starting a new chapter in life and we are hopeful!

Reading: I am slowly getting through the title, Holy Envy: Finding God In The Faith Of Others" by Religion instructor, Barbara Brown Taylor. It's a provocative read and causes me to ponder.
One key idea throughout is people look at what we do more than what we say or believe.

Whether you find yourself welcoming summer or contemplating a few months of winter or hibernation, be creative in those areas where you are gifted! Please do say hello!

Kevod Yeheveh, the presence of YHWH be with us!

Mellow Rock
David C. Russell, Author

No comments: