Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Coffee, Kedoshim and Craft

Hello Grafted In Readers,

Mid July here and so is the heat of summer. It has been a rather warm week in my part of blog land. I still though enjoy coffee throughout my day, and probably would be helped by consuming a couple cups less.

On occasion, I bring up a health topic from the Mayo Clinic newsletter, and this post follows suit.
In "Housecall" the question is raised about coffee helping with weight loss?
My response, I wish it did.

Their response is urged caution in using coffee or caffeinated products to help with losing weight. For adults, 400 mg of coffee is recommended, which I am guessing is one or two cups period. Side effects from too much coffee, according to the Mayo staff, include high blood pressure, nervousness, nausea and insomnia.

From The Torah

In passing, just want to mention that while many Christian Bible translations may use the word "saint or saints" to refer to a group of adherents, some Jewish translations use the word, "kedoshim" instead. Simply, this transliterates into the descriptive, holy ones.

Writing
I am currently working on a major story for a contest being offered by the publisher, Owl Canyon Press in Colorado. Twenty-five winners are featured in their anthology, and the top three receive a specified cash prize. I hope to make the anthology at least. Last year, nearly 900 entries were considered for a similar contest by them.

I have a couple stories in the summer issue of "New Authors Journal" by Mario Farina, available from www.amazon.com for a reasonable cost.

Until next visit, Kevod Yeheveh, the presence of the Lord be with us.

David C. Russell, Author
Mellow Roc

No comments: