Tuesday, October 15, 2024

A Little Bit Lonesome (song, Kasey Chambers)

Hello Grafted In Reader,


Today is Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2024 in my corner of blog-land. Autumn has arrived here! In fact, the overnight low dipped to 38 degrees F. First time this season!

I wanted to talk a little about nothing in particular, but everything in perspective.

Our title is "A Little Bit Lonesome" by the Australian acoustic singer, Kasey Chambers.

I think it's okay to be 'a little bit' something, and will let you fill in the something.

I recently left a major social media site, which also means having to change where my stories will be posted henceforth. My platform, as far as known to me, is still existent as:

https://www.spillwords.com/author/davidcrussell

Several stories are there free for the perusal and reading.

In fact, if you are a semi-regular visitor to this blog, and have read a story or two of mine, would you leave a short comment?


So, I am a little bit lonesome as I transition both to Reddit and Mastodon, social media sites.


For pleasure reading, My wife and I are listening to "A Stranger Is Watching" by the late Mary Higgins Clark; it's a very entertaining read!

For growth, I am reading "Escaping the Matrix" by Greg Boyd and Al Larson, 2005 publication. Again, for personal growth and edification.


This past Sunday, I had the honor and pleasure to play two music solos at The First Congregational Church, New Baltimore Michigan.

If you google the church name, as above, you can hear/see the service online and hear my two solos. The minister, whose name is Bri, spoke at some length on the biblical character, Job, and his friends. Job is a character who loses just about everything near and dear to him in life, but yet he doesn't deny his trust in God Almighty. The friends, comforting at first, become overtly challenging of him in the story.. I have been asked to return to this church to play more music in early February 2025.


How is your season of life in general?

I like comments, and like that you chose to stop by and share a visit together.


Until next time, the presence of the Lord (Adonai) be with us always!


Mellow Rock

David C. Russell, Author

 

No comments: