Wednesday, June 26, 2024

It's A Heavenly Day (song, Patty Griffin)

Hello Grafted In Reader,


Today is Wednesday, June 26, 2024 in my corner of blog land.

My listening habits vary in reading music, entertainment choices probably similar to my tastes in cuisine. I like the All American burger, Chinese style cashu chicken, classical music from the Baroque period e.g., Bach, J.S. and or CPE to name two; acoustic folk music by singers such as Kate Ryan or The Dubliners; light or mellow rock, older country music and some American Standards by Sinatra, Cole, or FitzGerald.


I titled this post, It's A Heavenly Day, after hearing a song by the same name on the station, RTE Gold based in Ireland.

Lyrics to much of the song appear now:


Heavenly Day

Song by Patty Griffin

 Lyrics

Oh, heavenly dayAll the clouds blew awayGot no trouble today with anyone

The smile on your face, I live only to seeIt's enough for me, baby, it's enough for meOh, heavenly day, heavenly day, heavenly day

Tomorrow may rain with sorrowHere's a little time we can borrowForget all our troubles in these moments so few

Oh because right now is only thingThat all that we really have to doIs have ourselves, a heavenly day

Lay here and watch the trees swayOh, can't see no other way, no way, no wayHeavenly day, heavenly day, heavenly day

No one at my shoulder bringing me fearsGot no clouds up above me bringing me tears

Got nothing to tell you, I've got nothing much to sayOnly I'm glad to be here with youOn this heavenly.


On this heavenly day, I am wrapping my head around finishing the packing process as we prepare to move to a new home nearby.

I am also starting to create a new book series from previous short stories that will be titled, "From The Red Chair".

A couple of these will come from stories I posted to:

https://www.spillwords.com/author/davidcrussell

over the past four years.


Embracing new friendships too is also an occurrence in this season of my life:

among them is a fellow creative whose name is initialed here, L.M.


I would like to thank you who follow me, read my posts often or occasionally, and might even think to offer a prayer or two on my behalf!


Whatever this day holds for you, consider that you are not alone. Others may be feeling similar to you albeit: neutral, numb, happy, sorrowful, joyful, tearful, laden down, etc.

I suggest if you have a Bible, read a favorite Psalm, or Psalms nine, ten, and eleven. These three in particular say much about one's emotional state, level of trust in G-d, regard for one's opposition.


Until we visit again, may the presence of Adonai comfort you and be near you!


Mellow Rock,


David C. Russell, Author

 heavenly, heavenly, heavenly day


 

No comments: