Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Pathway Of Teardrops (Acoustic, Rhonda Vincent)

Hello Grafted In Readers,

Today is July 11, 2017 in my corner of blog land. On the Jewish calendar, it is said to be the 17th of Tammuz.
In our appreciation for our faith heritage, I begin this post with a short snippet about this date in Jewish history from "My Jewish Learning."
_____
The 17th of the month of Tammuz is observed as a minor fast day, with eating and drinking forbidden from dawn until sundown. Like Tisha B’Av, which comes just three weeks later, the 17th of Tammuz (often called by its Hebrew name, Shiva Asar b’Tammuz) is said to commemorate not to just one calamitous event in Jewish history, but several tragedies of the Jewish people.
_____

A week ago, Americans were hopefully giving thanks for our independence as a people, and today our prayers turn toward an apparent accident that occurred overnight when a couple separate incidents occurred involving air-planes, one apparently a marine plane tragically went down killing sixteen crew and another was spared a fatal accident. July 11, or 17th Tammuz has events that call for pause and that call for some happy thanks.

I continue to make headway on seeing the anthology, Waiting For Messiah, head toward publication on Smashwords. It is due to occur in September, and stories are currently being edited by my astute capable editor! For reading, I have stepped into nonfiction and am reading Tim Parks, Where Am I Reading From. It is a reflective book of essays for both reader and writer alike. Thanks to him, I will be acquainting myself with some new names for me: Christina Stead, Barbara Pym, and maybe D.H. Lawrence. These are fiction writers from the mid 20ith century and perhaps a good alternative to much of what American TV offers during prime time.

Now, the small details of life are softly calling my attention. I did receive a comment from a reader in the recent past whose remark was somewhat baffling. I will thank them for their unique display of their personage, tell them that it's not the end but maybe the beginning of a long and beautiful dialogue together..

They had commented to my blog post title, Old-fashioned Love. Hmmmmm.

Until next post, do comment as I read them and ponder their possible meaning if hazy.
Shalom and G-d be near you,
Mellow Rock

David Russell

No comments: