Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Exercise Blues (acoustic, Pat Donnohue)

Hello
Grafted In Reader,

Today is Wednesday, November 23, 2016 in my corner of blog-land.

In the USA, Thanksgiving is celebrated tomorrow, Thursday. On the comedy show, Saturday Night Live, it was referred to as the "most magical Thursday of the year," a take-off from the lyric referring to Christmas as the "most wonderful time of the year." I will be playing for the dinner crowd at a local restaurant called the River Crab for my second year in a row. Depending on available seating, my wife and I will dine once my gig is over at 5:00 p.m.

-In the writing sphere, I just finished a 6-week online fiction writing seminar through the University of Iowa writing program. I am now embarking on an eBook that imagines life as a first century citizen of Israel awaiting the arrival of the Messiah. Much will be left to imagination, but there are some online articles from history, Scripture journalism and archaeology to fuel my imagination. I may have some other authors join me on this adventure. It's working title will be, Waiting for Messiah.

-In terms of reading, I am enjoying a novel by Kathryn Craft titled, The Far Side of Happy. It is a sad but true story about a marriage ending in divorce and suicide, and how the spouse has to make decisions that affect not only her but her two surviving sons.

-I did read "The Trouble with Christmas" just before this novel, so feel like I have gotten my holiday reading fix for 2016. Once the Michael Buble Special airs, well, that'll be it aside from Handel's Messiah! I did hear a webcast of this work last year performed in excellent fashion by the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra and Chorus.

Until we visit again, I wish you Kevod Yeheveh, the Presence of G-d to be with you always. Your hello or comment is always appreciated!

Mellow Roc (David)

No comments: